1) Grant User rights for Mailbox Exports.
- New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role “Mailbox Import Export” -User Administrator
2) Create a network share for the mailbox exports
- Give Exchange Trusted Subsystem read/write permissions.
3) Export a mailbox using mailbox export request
- [PS] C:\>New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox username -FilePath \\$servername\pst\username.pst
If you need to view the status of the request
- [PS] C:\>Get-MailboxExportRequest
Scenario: You have a SBS 2008/2011 and/or exchange running behind an ISP connection that has just block your port 25 traffic. Now your users are no longer able to send out or receive new emails.
Solution 1) contact your ISP and request for port 25 to unblocked asap!!!
Solution 2) Change your outbound and inbound ports for receiving emails.
For solution 2, I will be using SBS 2011 (exchange 2010) with Comcast as my tutorial guide.